Welcome to the Facebook Marketing for Real Estate eCourse.
So you’re thinking about adding Facebook to your social media marketing plan, but you don’t know where to start. Or perhaps you already set up a business page, and invited your friends to like it, and started posting. But nothing is happening. Maybe a couple of your most enthusiastic friends posted a couple of congrats comments or liked a few of your first posts, but beyond that, there is no other engagement and no traffic to your site.
If these two scenarios fit your situation, then you’re in the right place.
Why should you, a real estate professional, or any business owner for that matter, be on Facebook?
The following facts ought to be enough to convince you:
- There are more than 2 billion monthly active Facebook users.
- It is one of the largest social media networks on the planet. That’s the number one reason why you need to have your real estate business on Facebook.
- Specifically for Real Estate Professionals, here’s an interesting fact:
- The average Facebook user age: 40 — prime home-buying age according to National Association of Realtors.
- It’s a visual medium: photos, video, and graphics are the most popular types of posts on Facebook. Perfect for marketing real estate.
- Millennials, who are entering the real estate market in droves, were born with smart devices in their hands: Everyone is online. Having a presence on all the major social media sites is imperative, and where better to start than the largest of them all? Facebook.
This first level of this course is for beginners. However, I do cover some important optimization techniques to maximize the reach of your Facebook business page. So if you already have a page setup, you might want to visit certain topics of this first course section to make sure your business page is in tip-top form.
Before we get started, I’ll give an overview of Facebook, and why it’s important to have a business presence on one of the largest social media networks.